- Highly Sensitive Assay to Screen for Boric Acid
- Visual Readout (Red/Black)
- Compatible with the Nix Sensor or plate readers to obtain quantitative results.
Boric Acid/Borax is a white solid that is used for
1. Industrial manufacturing of monofilament fiberglass, jewelry, glass in LCD flat panel displays, silly putty, hydraulic fracturing and electroplating.
2. Medical use as an antiseptic, antibacterial, acne treatment and prevention of athletes foot.
3. Insecticidal for control of cockroaches, termites, fire ants, fleas, silverfish and many other insects.
4. Preservation of timber to prevent fungal, insects, algae and slime growth.
The kit provides a rapid, simple, sensitive, and reliable test suitable for screening of Borax contamination in a liquid, solid or gas sample.